Saturday, May 4, 2013

May 2, 2012: Sand Hill Crane


Sand Hill Crane in Pool A. 5/1/13 (Wolf. Oesterreich)

This digiscoped photo shows a Sandhill Crane found at Pool A this cold and windy afternoon (1st).  This is only the second time that I've found a crane actually on Park property.  All the other times have been fly-bys.  (Due to the distance and wind the photo is not as sharp as I would have liked it to be.)  The crane took flight before I left the Upland Trail.

I also found my second Snowy Egret for the Park.  It was in the company of 5 Great Egrets at Pool F.  The size difference was quite noticeable, with the Snowy smaller species.  Unfortunately, all of the photographs were a bit fuzzy.  (Again, thanks to the distance and wind.)  As I left the Park, the egrets were observed flying southwesterly.

Wolf.  Oesterreich 

No comments:

Post a Comment